SCS Training Course
Therapeutic Interventions with Children and Families
This training course is for professionals already working with
children and families offering counselling, therapy or therapeutic
support. Attendance on this series of workshops will enable
participants to develop or enhance their understanding of and skills
- The primary attachment journey and the impact of disruption.
- Internal working models, emotional, psychological and
neurological implications for children experiencing attachment
disruption and the impact of this on the child, family and
- Adult attachment patterns and their impact on relationships
- Assessing children and adults to identify primary attachment
patterns and unresolved trauma.
- Identifying dissociative tendencies and presentations in
children and adults.
- Developing effective skills to help facilitate attachment
and work with trauma and dissociation.
- Self-care, safeguarding and effective use of supervision and
importance of CPD.
Criteria for participants attendance on this course is as
- Recognised qualification in Counselling, Psychotherapy and
membership with a professional body (BACP, UKCP).
- Qualified social workers with at least 1 year experience of
direct work with children and families and hold a current
registration and who are enrolled on an accredited counselling /
psychotherapy course where they are about to start or have
started placement hours.
The workshops will include theoretical and experiential learning
and there will be an expectation that participants will be able to
show application of learning in a case study.
The course consists of four workshops and a one day introductory
Introductory Training (1 Day)
- This training can be attended as a one off training day for
anyone working with children and families wanting to develop /
enhance their understanding of the impact of disrupted
attachments and early trauma of children, adults and family
- Participants wishing to attend the further workshops will
need to attend this training first, the cost of which will be
included in the overall fee.
- This training day can also be done on it's own at the cost
of £80 plus VAT.
Workshop One - Child Assessment (2 Days)
- Tools for assessing children and adults to identify
attachment styles, unresolved trauma and dissociation.
- Developing a therapeutic plan.
Workshop Two - Working with Attachment (1 Day)
- Developing tools and skills for working with attachment,
trauma and dissociation.
Workshop Three - Assessing and Working with Trauma and
Dissociation (2 Days)
- Assessing and working with trauma and dissociation.
Workshop Four - Secondary Trauma, Self-Care & CPD (1 Day)
- Self-care, supervision, safeguarding and continued
- Half day consultation sessions will be available, with no
additional fee for participants to attend between workshops one
& two and workshops two & three
The course days run from 10.30am to 4.30pm
The cost for the full course will be £650 plus VAT(20%) per candidate which includes all course materials. Refreshments are provided
throughout the day however candidates will need to provide their own
To book on the course or for details of course dates and venues please contact
To discuss any further information please contact